CCNA 4 Connecting Networks v6.0 Chapter 7 Exam Answers 100%
1. What is an example of an M2M connection in the IoT?
A user sends an email over the Internet to a friend.
An automated alarm system in a campus sends fire alarm messages to all students and staff.
Sensors in a warehouse communicate with each other and send data to a server block in the cloud.*
Redundant servers communicate with each other to determine which server should be active or standby.
2. What is the term for the extension of the existing Internet structure to billions of connected devices?
3. Which statement describes the Cisco IoT System?
It is an advanced routing protocol for cloud computing.
It is a switch operating system to integrate many Layer 2 security features.
It is a router operating system combining IOS and Linux for fog computing.
It is an infrastructure to manage large scale systems of very different endpoints and platforms.*
4. Which three network models are described in the fog computing pillar of the Cisco IoT System? (Choose three.)
5. Which IoT pillar extends cloud connectivity closer to the network edge?
management and automation pillar
application enablement platform pillar
network connectivity pillar
fog computing pillar*
6. Which cybersecurity solution is described in the security pillar of the Cisco IoT System to address the security of power plants and factory process lines?
IoT physical security
IoT network security
cloud computing security
operational technology specific security*
7. Which cloud computing opportunity would provide the use of network hardware such as routers and switches for a particular company?
browser as a service (BaaS)
infrastructure as a service (IaaS)*
software as a service (SaaS)
wireless as a service (WaaS)
8. What technology allows users to access data anywhere and at any time?
9. What statement describes Fog computing?
It supports larger networks than Cloud computing does.
It creates a distributed computing infrastructure that provides services close to the network edge.*
It requires Cloud computing services to support non-IP enabled sensors and controllers.
It utilizes a centralized computing infrastructure that stores and manipulates big data in one very secure data center.
10. Which Cloud computing service would be best for a new organization that cannot afford physical servers and networking equipment and must purchase network services on-demand?
11. Which cloud model provides services for a specific organization or entity?
a hybrid cloud
a community cloud
a public cloud
a private cloud*
12. How does virtualization help with disaster recovery within a data center?
guarantee of power
support of live migration*
supply of consistent air flow
improvement of business practices
13. What is a difference between the functions of Cloud computing and virtualization?
Cloud computing utilizes data center technology whereas virtualization is not used in data centers.
Cloud computing requires hypervisor technology whereas virtualization is a fault tolerance technology.
Cloud computing separates the application from the hardware whereas virtualization separates the OS from the underlying hardware.*
Cloud computing provides services on web-based access whereas virtualization provides services on data access through virtualized Internet connections.
14. Which two business and technical challenges does implementing virtualization within a data center help businesses to overcome? (Choose two.)
server hardware needs
power and air conditioning*
operating system license requirements
virus and spyware attacks
15. Which statement describes the concept of cloud computing?
separation of application from hardware*
separation of operating system from hardware
separation of control plane from data plane
separation of management plane from control plane
16. Which is a characteristic of a Type 2 hypervisor?
best suited for enterprise environments
installs directly on hardware
has direct access to server hardware resources
does not require management console software*
17. Which is a characteristic of a Type 1 hypervisor?
does not require management console software
installed directly on a server*
installed on an existing operating system
best suited for consumers and not for an enterprise environment
18. How is the control plane modified to operate with network virtualization?
Control plane redundancy is added to each network device.
The control plane function is consolidated into a centralized controller.*
A hypervisor is installed in each device to allow multiple instances of the control plane.
The control plane on each device is interconnected to a dedicated high-speed network.
19. Which technology virtualizes the network control plane and moves it to a centralized controller?
20. Which two layers of the OSI model are associated with SDN network control plane functions that make forwarding decisions? (Choose two.)
21. What pre-populates the FIB on Cisco devices that use CEF to process packets?
the routing table*
the ARP table
the adjacency table
22. Which type of hypervisor would most likely be used in a data center?
23. What component is considered the brains of the ACI architecture and translates application policies?
the Nexus 9000 switch
the Application Policy Infrastructure Controller*
the Application Network Profile endpoints
24. Fill in the blank.
In an IoT implementation, devices will be connected to a “converged” network to share the same infrastructure and to facilitate communications, analytics, and management.
25. Fill in the blank.
In a scenario where a user with a laptop running the Mac OS installs a Windows virtual OS instance, the user is implementing a Type “2” hypervisor.