1. Which two features are characteristics of flash memory? (Choose two.)
- Flash provides nonvolatile storage.
- Flash receives a copy of the IOS from RAM when a device is powered on.
- The contents of flash may be lost during a power cycle.
- Flash is a component in Cisco switches but not in Cisco routers.
- The contents of flash may be overwritten.
2. A network administrator is planning an IOS upgrade on several of the head office routers and switches. Which three questions must be answered before continuing with the IOS selection and upgrade? (Choose three.)
- Are the devices on the same LAN?
- Do the devices have enough NVRAM to store the IOS image?
- What models of routers and switches require upgrades?
- What ports are installed on the routers and switches?
- Do the routers and switches have enough RAM and flash memory for the proposed IOS versions?
- What features are required for the devices?
3. Which procedure is used to access a Cisco 2960 switch when performing an initial configuration in a secure environment?
- Use Telnet to remotely access the switch through the network.
- Use the console port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
- Use Secure Shell to remotely access the switch through the networkâ€‹.
- Use the AUX port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
4. A network administrator needs to keep the user ID, password, and session contents private when establishing remote CLI connectivity with a switch to manage it. Which access method should be chosen?
5. A router has a valid operating system and a configuration stored in NVRAM. When the router boots up, which mode will display?
- global configuration mode
- setup mode
- ROM monitor mode
- user EXEC mode
6. Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
- providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
- displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode
- allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
- determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command
- selecting the best command to accomplish a task
7. Why is it important to configure a hostname on a device?
- a Cisco router or switch only begins to operate when its hostname is set
- a hostname must be configured before any other parameters
- to identify the device during remote access (SSH or telnet)
- to allow local access to the device through the console port
8. Which two characters are allowed as part of the hostname of a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- question mark
9. What is a result of using the service password-encryption command on a Cisco network device?
- The command encrypts the banner message.
- The command encrypts the enable mode password.
- All passwords in the configuration are not shown in clear text when viewing the configuration.
- A network administrator who later logs into the device will be required to enter an administrator password in order to gain access to the Cisco device.
10. A new network administrator has been asked to enter a banner message on a Cisco device. What is the fastest way a network administrator could test whether the banner is properly configured?
- Reboot the device.
- Enter CTRL-Z at the privileged mode prompt.
- Exit global configuration mode.
- Power cycle the device.
- Exit privileged EXEC mode and press Enter.
11. Passwords can be used to restrict access to all or parts of the Cisco IOS. Select the modes and interfaces that can be protected with passwords. (Choose three.)
- VTY interface
- console interface
- Ethernet interface
- boot IOS mode
- privileged EXEC mode
- router configuration mode
12. While trying to solve a network issue, a technician made multiple changes to the current router configuration file. The changes did not solve the problem and were not saved. What action can the technician take to discard the changes and work with the file in NVRAM?
- Issue the reload command without saving the running configuration.
- Delete the vlan.dat file and reboot the device.
- Close and reopen the terminal emulation software.
- Issue the copy startup-config running-config command.
13. Which statement is true about the running configuration file in a Cisco IOS device?
- It affects the operation of the device immediately when modified.
- It is stored in NVRAM.
- It should be deleted using the erase running-config command.
- It is automatically saved when the router reboots.
14. Which interface allows remote management of a Layer 2 switch?
- the AUX interface
- the console port interface
- the switch virtual interface
- the first Ethernet port interface
15. Why would a Layer 2 switch need an IP address?
- to enable the switch to send broadcast frames to attached PCs
- to enable the switch to function as a default gateway
- to enable the switch to be managed remotely
- to enable the switch to receive frames from attached PCs
16. What benefit does DHCP provide to a network?
- Hosts always have the same IP address and are therefore always reachable.
- DHCP allows users to refer to locations by a name rather than an IP address.
- Hosts can connect to the network and get an IP address without manual configuration.
- Duplicate addresses cannot occur on a network that issues dynamic addresses using DHCP and has static assignments.
17. What command can be used on a Windows PC to see the IP configuration of that computer?
- show interfaces
- show ip interface brief
18. What criterion must be followed in the design of an IPv4 addressing scheme for end devices?
- Each IP address must match the address that is assigned to the host by DNS.
- Each IP address must be unique within the local network.
- Each IP address needs to be compatible with the MAC address.
- Each local host should be assigned an IP address with a unique network component.
19. Refer to the exhibit. A switch was configured as shown. A ping to the default gateway was issued, but the ping was not successful. Other switches in the same network can ping this gateway. What is a possible reason for this?
- The VLAN IP address and the default gateway IP address are not in the same network.
- The local DNS server is not functioning correctly.
- The no shutdown command was not issued for VLAN 1.
- The ip default-gateway command has to be issued in the VLAN interface configuration mode.
- The default gateway address must be 192.168.10.1.
20. What is a user trying to determine when issuing a ping 10.1.1.1 command on a PC?
- if the TCP/IP stack is functioning on the PC without putting traffic on the wire
- if there is connectivity with the destination device
- the path that traffic will take to reach the destination
- what type of device is at the destination
21. Match the description to the common IOS CLI access method. (Not all options are used.)
22. Match the definitions to their respective CLI hot keys and shortcuts. (Not all options are used.)