1. When connectionless protocols are implemented at the lower layers of the OSI model, what are usually used to acknowledge the data receipt and request the retransmission of missing data?
- connectionless acknowledgements
- upper-layer connection-oriented protocols
- Network layer IP protocols
- Transport layer UDP protocols
2. Which IPv4 header field is responsible for defining the priority of the packet??
- flow label
- differentiated services
- traffic class
3. Why is NAT not needed in IPv6??
- Because IPv6 has integrated security, there is no need to hide the IPv6 addresses of internal networks.?
- Any host or user can get a public IPv6 network address because the number of available IPv6 addresses is extremely large.?
- The problems that are induced by NAT applications are solved because the IPv6 header improves packet handling by intermediate routers.?
- The end-to-end connectivity problems that are caused by NAT are solved because the number of routes increases with the number of nodes that are connected to the Internet.
4. What is a service provided by the Flow Label field of the IPv6 header?
- It limits the lifetime of a packet.
- It identifies the total length of the IPv6 packet.
- It classifies packets for traffic congestion control.
- It informs network devices to maintain the same path for real-time application packets.
5. How do hosts ensure that their packets are directed to the correct network destination?
- They have to keep their own local routing table that contains a route to the loopback interface, a local network route, and a remote default route.?
- They always direct their packets to the default gateway, which will be responsible for the packet delivery.
- They search in their own local routing table for a route to the network destination address and pass this information to the default gateway.
- They send a query packet to the default gateway asking for the best route.
6. Which two commands can be used on a Windows host to display the routing table? (Choose two.)
- netstat -s
- route print
- show ip route
- netstat -r
7. During the process of forwarding traffic, what will the router do immediately after matching the destination IP address to a network on a directly connected routing table entry?
- discard the traffic after consulting the route table
- look up the next-hop address for the packet
- switch the packet to the directly connected interface
- analyze the destination IP address
8. A technician is configuring a router that is actively running on the network. Suddenly, power to the router is lost. If the technician has not saved the configuration, which two types of information will be lost? (Choose two.)
- Cisco IOS image file
- routing table
- bootstrap file
- ARP cache
- startup configuration
9. Which two interfaces will allow access via the VTY lines to configure the router? (Choose two.)
- aux interfaces
- LAN interfaces
- WAN interfaces
- console interfaces
- USB interfaces
10. Which two files, if found, are copied into RAM as a router with the default configuration register setting boots up? (Choose two.)
- running configuration
- IOS image file
- startup configuration
- POST diagnostics
11. When would the Cisco IOS image held in ROM be used to boot the router?
- during a file transfer operation
- during a normal boot process
- when the full IOS cannot be found
- when the running configuration directs the router to do this
12. After troubleshooting a router, the network administrator wants to save the router configuration so that it will be used automatically the next time that the router reboots. What command should be issued?
- copy running-config flash
- copy startup-config flash
- copy running-config startup-config
- copy startup-config running-config
13. Which three commands are used to set up a password for a person who attaches a cable to a new router so that an initial configuration can be performed? (Choose three.)
- interface fastethernet 0/0
- line vty 0 4
- line console 0
- enable secret cisco
- password cisco
14. Which statement about router interfaces is true?
- Router LAN interfaces are not activated by default, but router WAN interfaces are.
- Once the no shutdown command is given, a router interface is active and operational.
- Commands that apply an IP address and subnet mask to an interface are entered in global configuration mode.
- A configured and activated router interface must be connected to another device in order to operate.
15. Which command displays a summary chart of all router interfaces, their IP addresses, and their current operational status?
- show ip route
- show version
- show interfaces
- show ip interface brief
16. A technician is manually configuring a computer with the necessary IP parameters to communicate over the corporate network. The computer already has an IP address, a subnet mask, and a DNS server. What else has to be configured for Internet access?
- the WINS server address
- the default gateway address
- the MAC address
- the domain name of the organization
17. A computer has to send a packet to a destination host in the same LAN. How will the packet be sent?
- he packet will be sent to the default gateway first, and then, depending on the response from the gateway, it may be sent to the destination host.
- The packet will be sent directly to the destination host.
- The packet will first be sent to the default gateway, and then from the default gateway it will be sent directly to the destination host.
- The packet will be sent only to the default gateway.
18. Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank.
A packet leaving PC-1 has to traverse 3 hops to reach PC-4.?
19. Fill in the blank. In a router, ROM is the nonvolatile memory where the diagnostic software, the bootup instructions, and a limited IOS are stored.
Match the configuration mode with the command that is available in that mode. (Not all options are used.)
20. Refer to the exhibit. Match the packets with their destination IP address to the exiting interfaces on the router. (Not all targets are used.)
21. Match field names to the IP header where they would be found. (Not all options are used.)
22. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question or complete the task.
Does the router have enough RAM and flash memory to support the new IOS?
- The router has enough RAM and flash memory for the IOS upgrade.
- The router has enough RAM, but needs more flash memory for the IOS upgrade.
- The router has enough flash memory, but needs more RAM for the IOS upgrade.
- The router needs more RAM and more flash memory for the IOS upgrade.